UM Records is a unique label. 100% of revenue is returned to our artists. We put our efforts into helping promote producers that make the ‘UM Records grade’ - producers lucky enough to be accepted onto the release schedule will be required to finance their own mastering costs and share responsibility of promotion.
It makes us the only true creatively focused label in the world, a place unknown producers can develop and a label that can choose the music is likes over commerciality.
It's how we're keeping the world spinning.
Still want to send us your demo?
We get it... you've got a new track and are exited to share it and maybe get it signed but reality is to do half a dozen other people everyday to us. Take a moment to read this 'how to submit a demo’ guide and improve your chances of us listening, responding and maybe signing your work.
1. If you're sending this track to 10 other labels don't bother us. We're after music that was created for us.
2. Only send streaming links, we never download zip files, click Dropbox etc - upload it privately to Soundcloud and send us the secret link to listen to with some words to explain it all.
3. Think - is the sound right for UM? Take the time to listen to the tracks we’ve released and ask yourself does your track suit the sound?
4. Don’t just send us a link to your profile or 20 different tracks - we’re too busy to wade through your entire catalogue to find something - choose your tracks wisely.
5. Give us some useful info about you (eg. other labels and producers you've worked with or why us?).
6. If you're using uncleared samples - get clearance before you contact us.
7. Name your demo Track 1, Track 2… label your tracks well so we can remember them when we’re discussing them (eg. Artist Name - Title - Version - etc).
8. Be patient! Due to the amount of prog house, hard house techno jibber jack, dubstep, jackin house and other shite we get, it might take me a while to come back to you - but we will! If you're going to chase me up - give us a week at least! ;)
Ticked all those boxes? The email us at demos at um dash records dot com